Re: [tlug] [OT] Japan and 海外 credit cards

On 2009-08-03 19:04 +0900 (Mon), CF wrote:

> As this is OT, I'd better stop here. If you want more horror stories
> (like really scary ones) I'll share it with you in the next nomikai :-)

I don't think it's terribly OT; it's about computers and their relation
to people and society, after all, which is something in which a lot of
people on this list seem to be interested.

And yeah, I know exactly of what you speak. Don't forget the situations
where you're keeping old, no-longer-used systems for which the vendor
no longer even exists barely running so that you can comply with laws
saying you must maintain records for seven years. Though lord help you,
if there's ever an audit, you are so going to wish you had all those
data on paper, instead.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com