[tlug] Accounting Systems and Speed of Reconciliation

On 2009-08-03 15:09 +0900 (Mon), Alexei Anisimov wrote:

> 2 hours of work just to close the regular day? I think it definitely
> sounds like something to be fixed in their system - it's either bad
> design or extreme bureaucracy (or both :)

I've had some experience with accounting and banking systems, and that
two-hour figure doesn't sound out of line to me.

Are you speaking from some sort of experience in accounting and consumer
banking, here? Could you tell us based on what evidence you feel this
could be done significantly faster? In other words, what are they missing
that you know about?

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com