Re: [tlug] Trouble with external USB hard disk: /dev/scd0 versus /dev/sdc

David Bernat wrote:

> jep200404 wrote:
>
> > Are today's sdb1 DVD-RAM drive and yesterday's sdc DVD drive the same drive?
>
> Yes, sdb1 and sdc are the same drive.

> > Do you have DVD-RAM media in your DVD drive?
>
> No, the drive is empty.

Then how could the DVD-RAM drive have a sdb1 without media?

I.e., I would expect the DVD-RAM drive without media
to be /dev/sdb, but without media, there would be no
partitions. I.e., without media, there would be no
/dev/sdb1 or /dev/sdb5.

> I have no /dev/scd0 in my system.

How did you determine that?