Re: [tlug] Trouble with external USB hard disk: /dev/scd0 versus /dev/sdc

jep200404 wrote:

Then how could the DVD-RAM drive have a sdb1 without media?

Disk filesystems shows the DVD-RAM drive as sdb1 (without media) when the external hard disk is not attached.

I.e., I would expect the DVD-RAM drive without media to be /dev/sdb, but without media, there would be no partitions. I.e., without media, there would be no /dev/sdb1 or /dev/sdb5.

I have no /dev/scd0 in my system.

How did you determine that?

Information from disk dilesystems.