[tlug] Setting up a RAID 1 with Ubuntu (Was: Hard Drive Failure)

TLUG,

Thanks for all the advice. You guys have sold me on the RAID 1 concept. I'm going to get a duplicate drive and set it up with a RAID system.

A couple of questions, though.

I'm going to follow the instructions here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-ubuntu8.04-with-software-raid1

One thing I'm a little fuzzy on is how I handle multiple partitions across the raid. I like to have my /home directory on a separate partition from the root directory.

From the instructions given, it looks to me like I would create the root partition first, set it up to boot with the whole raid thing, and then once I've got the system bootable, then go back in and set up other partitions.

Would that be true? And also true for the swap partition?

-- Dave M G