Re: [tlug] Hard Drive Failure (Was: Help! Total hardware failure)

TLUG,

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

I was wondering about the feasibility of buying a second drive, and then doing a complete copy once a day. I think it's called "ghosting" when you copy an entire drive to another right down to the boot records and everything, so that if one fails, you can just replace it.

My problem up to now has not so much been the frequency of backups, but the completeness. I'm always creating new documents and folders and data that I don't remember to include. So really I want a system where every now and again I can just slam the entire contents of a drive onto another drive.

--
Dave M G