Re: [tlug] Hard Drive Failure (Was: Help! Total hardware failure)

On Sunday 14 September 2008 11:58:57 Dave M G wrote:
> I'm not sure what my budget is for this, but I would lay down some cash to
> get the data off this drive. From what I can tell though, professional
> services ask many thousands of dollars for this kind of thing.

Most professional services will give you a free estimate.  It is then up to
you to decide if the data is worth it.

http://www.cbltech.co.jp/online-form-en.html

> Any recommendations or advice would be really appreciated.

You said that you bought a new hard drive, and I immediately notice a problem:
it is singular and not plural.  I would recommend investing in more than one
hard drive and using RAID to store any data that you want to protect from a
future hard drive failure.

Travis