Re: [tlug] What's the deal with HTTP_ACCEPT? (Was: Wanna see my open source project?)

2008/8/18 Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com>:
> You want to take a look at your php.ini file and see what the
> error_reporting value is.
>
> On the systems I administrate it's set to E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE.

Or better still, keep the errors and have them logged to a file rather
than sending them to the browser.

You'll want:
display_errors = Off
...and:
log_errors = On

...then when you're developing, keep a watch on your error logs:
tail -f /wherever/php/logs/your/errors

If PHP is warning you about something, it very probably means there's
something wrong with your code. (See Edward's explanation for why PHP
is doing the right thing in this case.) And if there isn't, it's good
to be aware of what warnings your application legitimately throws up
so that if a user does something that causes actual errors you can
tell them apart later when you look at your logs and try to figure out
what's happened.

Edmund Edgar
lists@example.com
http://www.socialminds.jp