Re: [tlug] Thunderbird RSS different from FireFox?

2008/8/14 Dave M G <dave@example.com>:
> Up to now, I've tested in the major browsers without a single indication of
> a problem, so what would I do differently to test the results that only some
> browsers are seeing?

The request is different.  What you could do is use a logging proxy
(several implementations exist) but to find out *how* the request is
different.  You point your web browser proxy settings at the proxy,
the proxy forwards to the real machine, and logs traffic at the same
time, analogous to 'tee' in the shell.

The question is what the headers the browsers send in the GET request
that's failing compared to ones that are succeeding - perhaps a
different user-agent string that your session code fails to match on,
perhaps a corrupted cookie, perhaps something we've not thought of up
until now.

Ian.