Re: [tlug] [Was: iptables] Forward multicats

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 08:41:46PM +0900, Bruno Raoult wrote:

> As said in a previous email, this is exactly what I wanted to do
> first, but my wifi driver
> cannot go to promiscuous mode (necessary for a bridge, as we need to
> listen to more
> than one IP address).
> This is why I decided to go for the last available option: NAT, which
> gives me some
> configuration issues (multicast, etc...).

Its dirrrty, but could help here in case you have some box on the
usual network that can run a service.

This service would be openvpn, listening on i.e. a tcp-port so
a openvpn-client started on the box behind the nat should be
able to connect to the listening openvpn.
Over this tcp-channel openvpn can send layer 2 packets.. so the
box running the openvpn-service should be able to bridge everything
from the lan into the tunnel where the natted box can pick it
up (and the other way around).

Christian