Re: [tlug] [Was: iptables] Forward multicats

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 1:41 PM, Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
>>> I use an Airport as wifi router, and it does not support routing
>>> information for the inside network.
>>
>> Seriously? Ouch! Lame!
>>
>> Well, I'd go for bridging if I were you.
>
> As said in a previous email, this is exactly what I wanted to do
> first, but my wifi driver
> cannot go to promiscuous mode (necessary for a bridge, as we need to
> listen to more
> than one IP address).
> This is why I decided to go for the last available option: NAT, which
> gives me some
> configuration issues (multicast, etc...).

Iirc there was a similar problem on a German mac-list and the solution
was that Apple just called the stuff different for WDS. There is a
master, a relay and a remote. The master is the router with internet
access, a relay is a bridge I think and the remote is a box that can
only talk to the master via a relay. There was this "picture" (one
time capsule and two airport express):
TimeCapsule <---> Express 1 <---> Express 2
Master           <--->    Relay     <--->  Remote

I hope that helps and if not - just ignore it ;)

Niels