Re: [tlug] Linux telnet client issue

On 2008-05-15 23:23 -0400 (Thu), Scott Robbins wrote:

> I took a look at the respective termcaps, but they're a bit beyond my
> knowledge.  I tried doing export TERM=vt100 and then logging in....

While setting TERM environment variable will probably change the
terminal type information passed on to the server by your telnet client,
it's not going to change the terminal emulation done by your xterm or
whatever you're using. And some testing shows that the server isn't even
using that terminal information anyway; it's probably just assuming that
everybody's using something along the lines of a vt102.

It would be instructive to provide a list of the TERM types set by
default in each terminal window you're using, and whether or not each
one works with the NYPL.

Anyway, you need to use a terminal window that has the right emulation.
On most systems, you can always try typing "xterm" and then telnetting
in from that new window.

cjs