Re: [tlug] Linux telnet client issue

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 04:40:54PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On 2008-05-15 23:23 -0400 (Thu), Scott Robbins wrote:
>

> Anyway, you need to use a terminal window that has the right emulation.
> On most systems, you can always try typing "xterm" and then telnetting
> in from that new window.

I tried this, (as I mentioned in a followup email.)

Once in the telnet shell, I tried the command environ list.

Both showed TERM as xterm.  The Linux box showed a great many more
environment variables than the BSD box but they were all local
variables, that is, on the Linux box.  This included COLORTERM, COLORFGBG
XTERM_VERSION, LS_COLORS, and XTERM_SHELL.   (I can give a complete list
of the added variables, but those were the ones that struck me as
possibly relevant.)

Once again, thanks to all who are responding.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Well, that works out great. You won't tell anyone
that I'm the Slayer, and I won't tell anyone you're a moron.