Re: [tlug] Fun with Kubuntu 8.04

2008/5/10 CL <az.4tlug@example.com>:

> Josh Glover wrote:
>>
>> 2008/5/10 CL <az.4tlug@example.com>:
>>
>> I have a full JP-105 (107?) keyboard at work, and I use the following
>> keys with scim-anthy:

Sorry, scim-prime. Predictive input is ever so much nicer than non-predictive.

> Thanks.  I have a nice, never used IBM full size Japanese keyboard sitting
> right here next to me in it's vinyl bag.

I *love* Japanese keyboards! Extra keys are great for mapping to
various window manager stuff in Openbox.

> Interesting.  After I have finally figured out how to E <-> J I plan to add
> German ... and then, my wife wants hers changed to E <-> J <-> F(rench)

With SCIM, it is trivial to have as many input methods as you want.
Like I said, I only use PRIME and Yawerty, but all of these are
available for SCIM:

http://gentoo-portage.com/Search?search=scim

>> Quite sexy.
>
> Yes, but how do you dock your toolbar?

What is a dock? For that matter, what is a toolbar? ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh