Re: [tlug] Fun with Kubuntu 8.04

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:32 PM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:

>  This is a "so what did I screw up" kind of reply ...
/../
>  The UIM setup is set to "Default"

Maybe try installing the uim-gnome/gtk widget (I forget what it is
called in Ubuntu). Add the UIM widget to your task bar (or not if you
already did this). Then, when you open an application, say a browser
or openoffice, go to the UIM widget in the taskbar and set it up.
Probably right click.... if the setup does not materialize there are
other problems. If it does appear, make sure that at least some input
methods, say XIM or canna, are actually installed and available in the
menus. After the setup you should be able to (when an application that
understands UIM is active) select one of these input methods and not
only the "default".

HTH,
Gernot