Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-Flextime & Automatic Ticket Gates

"Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> writes:

> On 05/04/2008, SL Baur <steve@example.com> wrote:
>
>>  I never figured out east from west in Shinjuku Eki even though I went
>>  through it almost every day when I lived in Tokyo.  The Keio-sen
>>  entrance was west, right?
>
> No, east. :)
>
> West is the Marunouchi- and Odaku-sen; east is Kabuki-cho and the Keio-san.

To say that each of the lines is "at" a given exit is bound to lead to
much confusion.

While you can get off the KEIO line and exit through the East exit, its
platforms are located south west of the main JR platforms. I think the
south exit is closest, but maybe it depends on which end of the platform
you come up from. The east exit is accessible through the labyrinth, but
it's the furthest away.

As for the Marunouchi line, it has more than one exit coming up off the
platform, but they're all to the north of the JR, making the east exit
probably the closest to all of them. But if you come out of the
westernmost kaisatsu-guchi it might be easier to get to the west exit.

yadda, yadda, yadda

> Unless I am confused

シーーーーン

Dave