Re: [tlug] [OT] Pre-Flextime & Automatic Ticket Gates

On 4/4/08, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

>  You think the trains are crowded now?  Check out how it was before
>  companies began allowing flextime (1991):
>  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5127313249780524359

I couldn't see all the way down the track.  Did they do that in every car?
I was crammed into a train like that all the time on the Inokashira-sen,
Shibuya Eki in 2000/2001 until I figured out to walk as far away as I could
from the ticket gates.

I never figured out east from west in Shinjuku Eki even though I went
through it almost every day when I lived in Tokyo.  The Keio-sen
entrance was west, right?

>  Before automatic ticket gates - this one the east exit of Shinjuku
>  Station (1990):
>  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-28511952765748213

All I can say is, man I would hate to have that ticket puncher's job and I
would hate even more providing insurance for worker's RSI.

Thanks for the videos.

-sb