Re: [tlug] Installing Linux without a CD or DVD drive

On 12/30/07, Niels Kobschaetzki <n.kobschaetzki@example.com> wrote:
> > Probably the most likely route is a CD drive that attaches by PC card -
> > Keith, I might ask to borrow yours. But I'm going to see how much they
> > cost. If they're cheap enough, I might just get one.
>
> check out if it requires a special one. the libretto L1 will only boot
> from two specific pcmcia-drives from toshiba

Mine is a Toshiba model drive. I have a Toshiba laptop without a
builtin CD drive, and I can promise Niels is correct. My laptop will
only boot from the Toshiba external drive, and they are expensive :(

I also have a USB floppy drive that may be of use. I'll bring both
along to the next meeting so you can give it a whirl.

Regards, Keith