Re: [tlug] [OT] Looking for 2DK (Apartment)

Edward Wright wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 12:15:33PM +0900, Zuco Pietro wrote:
>> I need to change home as soon as possible, less than 2 weeks and I'm
>> looking for an unfurnished 2DK apartment in the Tokyo area.
>> The problem is that as a foreigner almost all the real state companies
>> ask me for a guarantor (保証人) but I don't have a guarantor.
>> So if someone have information about real state companies that do not
>> need guarantor or some other helpful information, please contact me
>> off-list.
>
> On list 'cause I've never used them and maybe someone else has
> experience. A few years back when I was looking someone suggested
> Leopalace... might be good as at least a stopgap as they have short
> term rentals available.
>
> http://www.eg.leopalace21.com/

If you have to jump quickly, a move to a monthly manshon will give you
time to figure out what you want to do in the longer term.  I once
resigned from a position in a Japanese company and found on my last day
of work that the personnel department had told my landlord I was moving
out instead of telling them that I was no longer going to have that
company pay my rent directly -- and the landlord had already re-rented
the unit before I found out.

I have had good luck with Apaman Shop, Kyobashi (located about three
blocks straight out the front door of the Yaesu Central exit of
Tokyo-eki) in the past.  All of their units are furnished to one degree
or another.  Their rates are competitive with other monthly manshon
rental companies but, if you choose one of their less desirable / slow
moving units they'll reduce the rates even more than the stated
discounts.  I didn't need a hoshonin, but I had a Human Being arrange
the contract for me, then announce that a gaijin was going to live in
the unit.  They wrote the contract in my name without any further
questions asked.

http://www.apamanshop-monthly.com/index.htm

Also, if you do a Google for "マンスリーマンション AND 東京23区" you'll
have more choices than you'll be able to sort in any reasonable period
of time.  My experience is that the larger companies are more flexible.

--
CL