Re: [tlug] [OT] Replacement battery for Libretto L1?

On 2007-12-29 11:14 +0100 (Sat), Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> Friends said that I shouldn't go for the T30 because it feels a lot
> bulkier than the T20 or T40.

The T30 is about half again as thick as the T40. Neither is anywhere
near Libretto size.

Personally, if you want a very nice laptop that's quite
Linux/BSD-compatible (i.e., quite fast), I'd look around for a T41 or
T42 with the SXGA screen (1400 x 1050). Bump it up to a gig or 1.5 gig
of RAM and a 7200 RPM hard drive, and you've basically got a desktop
replacement. This T42 has been my day-to-day machine for development
and so on for a couple of years now. New it was about 160,000, with the
extra memory and upgraded hard drive, but I recently bought a second one
used in Akihabara for about 65,000 yen. Thi

cjs