Re: [tlug] FWIW: Google Japan Interview Experience

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 02:57:18PM +0900, Shin MICHIMUKO wrote:

> I hope you will be hired sooner, Jim. If Japan office is not so good, then you
> may try to contact with US office. I heard that it's rather interesting in US,
> than follow the policy of Japan office.

Someone on one of the lists to which I belong told us about the process
here in the US for the position he was seeking, a sysadmin type thing.

This was many many months ago, so it might have changed for the worse,
who knows.  He had a phone interview (and no bad attitude), a second
phone interview, a face to face.  Then, they wanted him to fly to CA
from NY for the next interview.  Again, not bad--he didn't mention who
paid for the flight, which is relatively expensive.   When I say not
bad, he meant the interview and the questions.

Then another interview here in NYC, and THAT one was bad.  It was, he
said, an HR type who seemed pretty ignorant and seemed to give more of
the attitude that Jim encountered.

He wasn't accepted in the end, but he also said the only bad and
angering experience was the last interview.  (He's not a sour grapes
type, so I don't think that was an issue, though of course, I could be
wrong.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: It's time for me to act like a man... and hide.