Re: [tlug] Newbie: WINE Whine

> It runs, but all of the moji are question marks; all of the menu labels
> are mojibake of another type. ...
> And all of the system fonts are butt ugly .... suddenly it's 1986 again ...

That is my experience too and I've fairly much given up on wine (though
I still use it for one very nice Windows-only program, so I guess I'll
be installing it on my new machine).

Having a native-windows notebook as a 2nd machine is just so much
easier. As it sounds like you are on the move a lot, and so only want to
carry one notebook, you might also want to consider vmware or xen (see
the xen and windows thread from earlier this week).

Darren