Re: [tlug] Newbie: WINE Whine

Darren Cook wrote:

There is somewhere in wine where you can map drive letters to
directories (including cd-rom, samba mounts, etc.). I just had a two
minute look around and couldn't find where, sorry, but google or the
docs should find it for you.

Thanks. I had seen that but it didn't occur to me that it was something that needed setting. Now it seems to work and allows installation direct from a CD. Installation works great.

CASE HISTORY:

I installed Ekisupaato.

It runs, but all of the moji are question marks; all of the menu labels are mojibake of another type. I happen to know that the encoding for that program is Shift-JIS but it is acting as though the system encoding is UTF or ISO2022-JP.

Soooo .....

I switched the system language to Japanese.

A bunch of English system menus are now Japanese

Ekisupaato menus work fine and are readable

The search function works if you click on the station names

Anthy doesn't work within Ekisupaato.so I can't type in station names

The pull down menus in WINE menus are still mojibake.

And all of the system fonts are butt ugly .... suddenly it's 1986 again ...

Looks as though I have outsmarted myself again. This is going to require more thinking .....

--
CL