Re: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On 8/18/07, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> Curt Sampson writes:
>
>  > On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  >
>  > > Curt Sampson writes:
>  > >
>  > > > No, as you point out, everybody has a choice. MS and Intel are moving
>  > > > toward supporting very strong DRM, but they don't have to do that.
>  > >
>  > > Sure they do, if the market demands it.

By this do you mean the consumer segment of the market is demanding
it? Or, as I suspect, the producer segment of the market.

At this stage I think it is the producers that are demanding DRM be
used. Hopefully as people become more aware of the negative impact DRM
represents they, the consumers, will drive the demand away from DRM.

Regards, Keith