RE: [tlug] Re: [CoLoCo] RESPECT MICROSOFT

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

Curt Sampson writes:

> No, as you point out, everybody has a choice. MS and Intel are moving
> toward supporting very strong DRM, but they don't have to do that.

Sure they do, if the market demands it.

But the market does not appear to be demanding it, at least not very strongly. MS and Intel are adding DRM because the large content owners won't let their devices play the content otherwise, but there seems to me no massive demand for playing DVDs on Windows boxes and the like. What demand there is is probably created by Microsoft and Intel by their chosing to make and promote the products.

cjs