Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Brett Robson wrote:

Ale is dark, think English gentlemen in tweed jackets and touring
caps; is served warm, tastes like mud and is associated with
depression and people who think too much.

Served warm? Nonsense! It's served at cellar temperature, of course. And brim measures: none of this nonsense with foam taking up half the glass.

And you've not tasted beer until you've tasted cask ale. This keg stuff
just doesn't cut it. (Well, bottle-conditioned also counts.) I'd be very
curious to see if anybody can find either in Japan.

As for American "beer", well, we Canadians say that it's like making
love in a canoe.

cjs