Re: [tlug] Emergency nomikai August 17th?

On 04/08/07, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> And you've not tasted beer until you've tasted cask ale. This keg stuff
> just doesn't cut it. (Well, bottle-conditioned also counts.) I'd be very
> curious to see if anybody can find either in Japan.

You can. Japan has a bunch of well-hidden micro- and craft breweries.
RateBeer.com even shows two brewpubs in Tokyo:

http://ratebeer.com/places2/map_eu.asp?mid=129

Though I cannot say whether they have cask ales. Probably not.

> As for American "beer", well, we Canadians say that it's like making
> love in a canoe.

For the slow or naive on the list, that is: "fucking close to water". :)

But see Steve S's comment below.

--
Cheers,
Josh