Re: [tlug] [OT] Say _no_ to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard

On 09/07/07, Roger Markus <rogermarku@example.com> wrote:

On 7/8/07, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> You coming to the tech meeting next week? If so, let's sit down at the
> nomikai and talk this over.

I don't know.  Feelings on all sides about this sort of thing are
enough to lead to a smashed up beer hall!  Better to come to a meeting
after the storm has died down a bit!

Why? I do not take your opinions personally; do you take mine as personal affronts? If so, I suggest you attempt to keep discussions technical and put the flamethrower down.

It really is strange sometimes how difficult it is to criticize
"wonderful" Microsoft - even in a Linux group!

Why should Linux users care to hear criticism of Microsoft at all?

I don't mind criticism of Microsoft or Apple or IBM or Dell or Google,
but I do mind FUD. Go back and read Steve and Godwin's posts. See how
they stick to "just the facts, ma'am"? You would do well to do the
same, as your emotional screed just makes you look like these guys:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/06/30

--
Cheers,
Josh