Re: [tlug] [OT] Intel core duo errata

On 09/07/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:

For why see: http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/accuracy.html#cycle
(linux is one of the OSes that never show an uptime above 497 days;
linux 2.6 apparently never goes above 49 days.)

(that whole FAQ is worth reading to see why the data should be taken
with a grain of salt)

I hope the FAQ mentions that remote security vulnerabilities tend to come along every couple of months or so, and patching those had bloody well take precedence over your precious uptime.

It breaks my heart to reboot a box with a lot of uptime, too, but it
hurts worse to be pwned right in the ass by a fucking 5kr1p7 X1dd13
who knows about as much about TCP/IP as my grandmother (who is nothing
like Dilbert's mom, for the record).

--
Cheers,
Josh