Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

I don't feel like getting more "you aren't subscribed notices"; lingo
deleted.

Mattia Dongili writes:

 > BTW: my wife just checked and her Japanese grammar text (the title sounds
 > like "Modern Japanese Grammar" printed in 1989...)

Yoko McClain, Hokuseido Press?  Excellent little book.  I recommend it
highly.

However, it's *grammar* and morphology book.  It doesn't actually
discuss such ideas as "potential form" (which is mentioned only on 3
pages).  Rather it mentions that a particular morphology can be used
to indicate the potential form, and provides a few canonical
examples.

In other words, I would trust that you can use any expression found in
that book without embarrassing yourself, but I am sure that there are
lots of forms that aren't in the book.