Re: [Lingo] Re: [tlug] Correct particle to use

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 03:05:47AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I don't feel like getting more "you aren't subscribed notices"; lingo
> deleted.
>
> Mattia Dongili writes:
>
>  > BTW: my wife just checked and her Japanese grammar text (the title sounds
>  > like "Modern Japanese Grammar" printed in 1989...)
>
> Yoko McClain, Hokuseido Press?  Excellent little book.  I recommend it
> highly.

Aah, no. It's a text book for an University class of Japanese in Italy.
The author is Yoko Kubota (maybe later married with Mr.McClain? lol) and
the original Italian title is "Grammatica di Giapponese Moderno"
(Ed. Ca' Foscarina)
http://www.cafoscarina.it/centro_dettaglio.asp?id=6

> However, it's *grammar* and morphology book.  It doesn't actually
> discuss such ideas as "potential form" (which is mentioned only on 3
> pages).  Rather it mentions that a particular morphology can be used
> to indicate the potential form, and provides a few canonical
> examples.

But the above applies to the book I mentioned as well.
--
mattia
:wq!