Re: [tlug] server partitions, LVM, and Xen

On 2007/05/22, at 21:26, Edward Wright wrote:

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 05:50:30PM +0900, Micheal Cooper wrote:
At first, I was thinking about having an RHEL5 Xen host with a
database server in a VM as a file. I started thinking about a VM for
the database server because it requires PHP4, and RHEL5 uses PHP5.

Just curious why any database server requires any version of PHP?

Not the dbms but the web application. It is built on a sort-of abandoned framework. The developer has a beta for PHP5, but that would mean redoing everything in spite of the fact that the beta is the end of the matter.