Re: [tlug] lfftw3f?

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 10:33 +0200, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> Reread the error message:
>
> /sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libqwtplot3d.so.0 is not a symbolic link
>
> It isn't complaining about ldconfig not being a symlink, it's
> complaining about libqwtplot3d.so.0 not being a symlink.

That was a mistype on my part- I meant to type libqwtplot3d.so.0 but was
thinking about ldconfig. I definitely need to start re-reading all my
posts before I hit the send button...

> Usually, the binary file is of the form libfoo.so.major.minor, and
> libfoo.so.major and libfoo.so are symlinks to it.

As an experiment I moved all those libqwtplot files to an alternate
directory not in PATH, then just copied /usr/lib/libqwtplot3d.so

Perhaps the problem is that I have qt3 installed already, but qt4
installed from source, so when I do ldconfig -v I get this:

/usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib:
        libqui.so.1 -> libqui.so.1.0.0
        libqt-mt.so.3 -> libqt-mt.so.3.3.3

no mention of qt4 in the verbose output. qtpfsgui requires qt4. Ah, this
is complicated. Do sho kana.

Anyway I'll hack away some more and see if I can get anywhere.

Thanks again..
Scott VanDusen
Tokyo