Re: [tlug] lfftw3f?

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:27:16 +0900, scott <scott@example.com> wrote:

> I wonder what ldconfig should be a symlink to?

Reread the error message:

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libqwtplot3d.so.0 is not a symbolic link

It isn't complaining about ldconfig not being a symlink, it's
complaining about libqwtplot3d.so.0 not being a symlink.

Usually, the binary file is of the form libfoo.so.major.minor, and
libfoo.so.major and libfoo.so are symlinks to it.

> Incidentally libqwtplot3d is installed from RPM
> (qwtplot3d-0.2.6-1.el4.rf.src.rpm) as well as qwtplot3d, maybe I need
> to compile these from source as well.

It's usually best to complete the whole chain in the same way - either
package-based or source-based. Mixing them can lead to problems.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

guru, n:
        A computer owner who can read the manual.