Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?

On 05/04/07, Micheal Cooper <mcooper@example.com> wrote:

I was thinking about editing video, but even with playing back video,
my Fedora Core 6 used to (don't use it anymore) frequently choke on
certain video files and require the kill -9.

I have never seen that.

Also wmv and asf are out of the question on nix,

No they're not:

http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=win32codecs

I occasionally have a need to watch a video encoded in WMV on my Linux
box, and have never had a problem doing so.

[I]t is easier to watch video on Mac if you want to be able to see any video format.

I have a Mac, and have had more trouble playing video on it of various and sundry formats than I ever have on my Linux box.

-Josh