Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Introduction: OpenSolaris
- Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 23:01:21 +0900
- From: Jim Grisanzio <Jim.Grisanzio@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Introduction: OpenSolaris
- References: <4613674A.email@example.com> <232CBE24-3909-4819-960B-4ECD187203B9@example.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20070306)
Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
On 4 avr. 07, at 17:52, Jim Grisanzio wrote:
I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm the Community Manager on the OpenSolaris project, and I moved to Japan about 8 months ago from San Francisco. I focus on community development issues globally, but in reality that's a pretty big place so I'm trying to spend most of my time in Asia. Perhaps you wouldn't mind if I came to some meetings and met you guys? I'd love to share experiences. I think we in the OpenSolaris community have learned a lot from the Linux community and other Open Source communities, and I'd love to talk about that.
I see that you were at the Open Source Conference. Did you like it there ? It seems like Beginet is working a huge lot to promote FOSS and their communities. I've been trying to participate to OSC whenever I could last year and I met a huge number of very nice people. I think OSC (to which a number of TLUG people participate too, I think) is one of the best meeting places around: small scale/community centered. I'll be trying to join them this year as well, to promote OmegaT and localization efforts in FOS communities.
Yes, I was there with some of our Java and OpenSolaris guys here from Sun. I didn't have time to attend too many sessions, though, and my Japanese is, ah, rather weak right now. :) But we had some good sessions and we started a new OpenSolaris User Group, too. And I met a lot of interesting people. In general, I'm interested in finding out about all the FOSS events in Japan. I can't attend them all, of course, but everything's new to me so I need to find out what's out there.
- Re: [tlug] Introduction: OpenSolaris
- From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Introduction: OpenSolaris
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux-compatible Mac laptop?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Introduction: OpenSolaris
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Introduction: OpenSolaris
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links