Re: [tlug] Introduction: OpenSolaris

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
Jim Grisanzio writes:

> I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm the Community > Manager on the OpenSolaris project,

Cool! Have a great time here in Japan!

Thanks! :) It's been an adventure so far!

As for meetings, "TLUG" is a more exclusive name than the actual
practice.  We focus on Linux because that's what everybody has in
common, but Solaris, Mac OS X, NetBSD, FreeBSD, and Plan 9 users (and
occasionally fans) are all well-represented.

Excellent. Thanks. I appreciate that. We are just getting started in OpenSolaris, so we're very much in learning mode.

Personal aside: Do you know Martin Buchholz and/or Mike Kupfer by any
chance?

I know Mike very well. Pure class act and great guy. I'll see him next month in San Francisco at JavaOne.

Jim