Re: [tlug] (OT) Reverse DNS resolution blues- ISP recommendations?

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Brett Robson wrote:

I stand behind my second use of "you". It's a matter of time before Curt gets bounced mail.

I've had bounced mail. I've just never had it, as far as I can detect, for the reason that the contents of my PTR records is "dodgy."

I cannot find it consistent that the "majority" of SMTP servers deny
mail connectivity based on this when I am not seeing this problem at
all.

I may well accept it if you can come up with some other evidence that
this is the case, but you're going to have to make sure you're clearly
showing that it is indeed the content of the PTR records, and not
something else.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs@??>        +81 90 7737 2974