Re: [tlug] KDDI cellphones and encoding

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 12:58:32AM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> >I suppose he could run it through iconv, but it seems a lot of work.
> >(I tried playing with that briefly too, but it seems I'd have to do
> >iconv > textfile then read the textfile.) :)
>
> Well, Pine will do some automatic conversions to help you out. Though as
> a long-time Pine user, I'm not really sure I'd suggest going down that
> road at this point....

I think he wants to stick with mutt (and who could blame him?)  <ducks>.

Seriously, would pine convert it even if the locale is not present on
his system?  (Actually, I think sylpheed, among others would, so that's
probably an ignorant question--buried at work, no time to google at this
moment.)

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Anya: Men like sports. I'm sure of it.
Xander: Yes. Men like sports. Men watch the action movie, they
eat of the beef, and they enjoy to look at the bosoms. A thousand
years of avenging our wrongs, and that's all you've learned?