Re: [tlug] Computer "fixed" with Linux

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Dave M G wrote:

If you ever decide to do
a similar conversion experiment with office software, I'm sure we'd all
love to hear the result.

I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean changing a current Microsoft Office user into an OpenOffice (or whatever) user, and getting their opinion.

Also, there is no experiment here. I set my girlfriend up with Linux, she's using it, the situation is done.

So you were absolutely positive that your user would have no problems doing everything she wanted to do, and would happily accept a non-Windows system?

cjs