Re: [tlug] Can I make a subdirectory of localhost behave like a root directory for a site?

Stephen,

Thank you for responding.

I have discovered one more issue.

As mentioned, I have a few web sites that are now made to behave more like the way web sites do on the web, where their local directory is their own web root directory.

However, I also had a few PHP and HTML files that weren't associated with any web site, not in any subdirectory. Just files for testing scripts and whatnot.

Now that I've set up some subdirectories to behave as web sites, I can no longer access these other files. If I go to http://localhost, it defaults to the first of the virtual web sites I have.

Now that I'm mapping some directories to behave like web sites, do I have to do that for any files I want to access through my local Apache server? Or have I made a mistake somewhere that is making the first in the list of web sites be the default for localhost?

ï--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Kernel 2.6.17.7