Re: [tlug] Interactions between English and Japanese OS'es/Networks.

burlingk@example.com writes:
 > I have spoken to people who have experienced network slowdowns with
 > Japanese machines on networks that expect English machines, and
 > vice versa.

In other words, you're repeating an urban legend.  If you've got a
language difference, people will assume that's the cause of any
problems, but that's just baseless anthropomorphizing.

 > I have also observer many of the internet cafe's have notices posted
 > that people caught using English versions of windows will be charged
 > heavy fees because it will slow down their entire network.

So what?  There's no reason to believe that people running internet
cafes have more clue than you do about what's going on.  Maybe this is
just an Internet cafe version of redlining.

If I were you I'd obey the signs, but not trust the explanations.
Networking is complex, and without one hell of a lot more information
it's anybody's guess what's going on.  Mine is "nothing". :-)

Steve