[tlug] When the BOFH misses the whole point ....

Jim writes:
 > > I *strongly* encourage respondents to respond to me directly, ...
 >
 > Why?  http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#noprivate

For heaven's sake, Jim, it's *OT* and he said he'd summarize.

If you weren't so busy being a BOFH you'd have noticed that direct
response is extremely inconvenient.  Read My ASCII Art:

RRR  EEEE PPP  L   Y   Y     TTTTT  OO
R  R E    P  P L    Y Y        T   O  O
RRR  EEE  PPP  L     Y   ==    T   O  O
R R  E    P    L     Y         T   O  O
R  R EEEE P    LLLL  Y         T    OO

M   M U   U N   N  GGGG IIIII N   N  GGGG
MM MM U   U NN  N G       I   NN  N G
M M M U   U N N N G GGG   I   N N N G GGG
M   M U   U N  NN G   G   I   N  NN G   G
M   M  UUU  N   N  GGGG IIIII N   N  GGGG

M   M U   U  SSSS TTTTT    DDD  IIIII EEEE
MM MM U   U S       T      D  D   I   E
M M M U   U  SSS    T      D  D   I   EEE
M   M U   U     S   T      D  D   I   E
M   M  UUU  SSSS    T      DDD  IIIII EEEE