Re: [tlug] [OT] Creating user-friendly URLS with mod_rewrite/Apache [SOLVED]

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:10:15 +0900, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
wrote:

> I thought that "httpd -l" would list all the enabled modules, so as
> long as you build one after the initial compile with apxs, it will
> show up.

According to "httpd -h" the "-l" option lists "compiled-in" modules:

godwin@example.com:~ $ /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -h
Usage: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd [-D name] [-d directory] [-f file]
                                   [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
                                   [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-S] [-t] [-T] [-F]
  -D name          : define a name for use in <IfDefine name> directives
  -d directory     : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
  -f file          : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
  -C "directive"   : process directive before reading config files
  -c "directive"   : process directive after  reading config files
  -v               : show version number
  -V               : show compile settings
  -h               : list available command line options (this page)
  -l               : list compiled-in modules
  -L               : list available configuration directives
  -S               : show parsed settings (currently only vhost settings)
  -t               : run syntax check for config files (with docroot check)
  -T               : run syntax check for config files (without docroot check)
  -F               : run main process in foreground, for process supervisors

If modules compiled after the installation of Apache and used as DSO's
also count as "compiled-in" then you'd be right.

PHP, for example, which *is* built as a DSO here, and needs the path to
"apxs" as part of the build cycle so I assume uses it as someone
mentioned earlier, does *not* show up in the output of "httpd -l", so I
can only assume that DSO's do not count as "compiled-in":

godwin@example.com:~ $ /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c

(NB: mod_rewrite.c *does* show up here because it *is* compiled in, not used as a DSO, in my setup)

> Am I wrong?

It's possible :)

Then again it could be possible that Apache2 does things differently
from Apache 1.3.x. I use the latter here.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Q: Why is Christmas just like a day at the office?