Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 23:26:03 +0900
Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

> I selected all 23 of the previously mentioned ip_tables related options.
> And then I ensured I was in the right directory and successfully ran
> "sudo make modules modules_install".
Just to avoid another mail in the near future after you press that
"upgrade system" button:
I hope you are aware of the fact that your package management system
still thinks that you are using 2.6.15 and will ask to upgrade the kernel
when a new ubuntu package comes out.

> But when I start FireStarter, it still gives me the error message that
> my kernel does not support iptables.
You should try `iptables -L` or `iptables -F` and see what they say.
Also send us the output of
`zcat /proc/config.gz |grep NETFILTER; zcat /proc/config.gz |grep _NF_`

If you'd used ubuntu's 2.6.17 kernel that was recommended previously you
would have a fully functional system by now.