Re: [tlug] Is having no "iptables" bad?

Stephen,

Thanks for responding, and for the explanations.

I selected all 23 of the previously mentioned ip_tables related options. And then I ensured I was in the right directory and successfully ran "sudo make modules modules_install".

However, it was mentioned before that I wouldn't need to modprobe those modules, because they would be automatically called upon by the program that needed them.

But when I start FireStarter, it still gives me the error message that my kernel does not support iptables.

I don't know if this is an indicator that I have not yet found the right options in the kernel, or if I have not successfully implemented them.

--
Dave M G