Re: [tlug] Perceiving Hostility . . . . . . . . . . . (was Re: Modprobe error)

On 24/07/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

The thing is, as this very topic now is about, it seems culturally
embedded in "LUG" lists that when someone balks at certain advice for
some reason, or if someone (me in this case) says "hey, that's not very
nice", the response is "the problem is you, newbie." Whereas I think
it's often the case that we just have different priorities. If "LUG"
culture doesn't respect that, then maybe that's where the problem lies,
not with every new member who thinks a little differently.

This is all true, but basically one has to respect the LUG culture
when one is on a LUG list.

Americans may have some problems with various aspects of Japanese
culture, but when they decide to live in Japan, they pretty much have
to respect Japanese culture, because it is not likely to change to
accomodate them.

-Josh