Re: [tlug] Modprobe error

Godwin,

Far from it. On the contrary, so far you're refusing to build anything.

Sorry, am I doing something to invoke hostility?

I don't think I'm "refusing" to do things in some kind of childish reactive manner.

I'm trying to balance out putting effort into getting things done so that I can enjoy my computer for the things I bought it for - web design, web surfing, multimedia, etc..., but at the same time putting limits on my efforts simply to prevent myself from spending *all* my time configuring and building and learning Linux.

It's not an easy balance, but I know for a fact that I could lose an essentially never ending amount of time of productivity in the things that contribute to my lifetime goals if I allow myself to become too obsessed with tweaking my computer. Been there, done that.

I get the impression from this and a few other posts you've made that you don't respect this approach as a balance, and instead see me being demanding results without having to work for it.

That's not at all the case, and in fact I thought I was building things and trying to work through problems as best as I could without losing myself in it. I certainly don't think I'm arbitrarily refusing anything.

I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't throw in my face an accusation like the above simply because I am not the same kind of Linux user that you are.

Is there not room on this list and in this world for many kinds of people with different goals in using Linux?

--
Dave M G