Re: [tlug] Palm (Clie) Sync with Japanese

On 24/07/06, Alain Hoang <hoanga@example.com> wrote:

Shannon Jacobs wrote:
> I actually have a third Ubuntu machine which is my problem child. I was
> thinking of bringing it along to the technical meeting next week. I hope
> that is not inappropriate behavior.

Now this sounds cool! I don't know if our officers are against it but I
certainly would be curious to take at seeing the problem first-hand (and
seeing if it can be fixed on the spot).
The only issues I can think of are:
1. It's a pain to carry back and forth to the TLUG meeting
2. Someone doesn't auction it on you at the TLUG auctions ;)

Issue (1) only applies to Shannon (i.e. if he does not mind lugging
his box to and fro, neither do we). Issue (2) is a non-issue, unless
Shannon does not feel like lugging his machine back home. :)

But here is one more issue:

3. Is there a keyboard / mouse / monitor in Wall Street's conference
room that Karim is OK with us using?

I know there is a box in the conference room with k/m/m attached, and
we could certainly unplug them and plug them into Shannon's box for
the duration of the troubleshooting activity, then restore them at the
end. However, we need to make sure this is cool with our hosts first.

Zev, could you maybe check with Karim?

-Josh