Re: [tlug] Modprobe error

On 22/07/06, Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

Stephen [sed:]

> If you're at the bleeding edge (and you seem to be, since your "toys"
> occasionally "magically" start working with an upgrade), the highest
> probability approach is to use a source-based system[.]

What you describe there is pretty much what I've been doing, isn't it?

Nope. Stephen is specifically suggesting a source-based distribution
(of which Gentoo is currently the most prominent). Ubuntu is a
binary-based distribution, and as such, tends to trail the bleeding
edge a bit more.

Seriously, Gentoo is probably worth a good, hard look.

-Josh